Wednesday, January 18, 2012

WEEK 2: 5 100-stroke Drawings

Craft:  I created these sketches with the program Adobe Illustrator, the Bamboo touch pad, and the Bamboo pen.  I also collected a wide variety of vessels that are used in the every-day house-hold.  I started by getting used to the Bamboo pen and experimenting with long, short, thin, slightly thicker, horizontal, diagonal, and vertical lines, and also with the different color schemes available.  

Composition: I arranged the elements the way I did because that's how I could compromise between the reality of the object and the assignment's directions of only drawing the object with 100 strokes each.  I used one color to draw out the main color shown by the vessel.  As far as the directions of the lines went, there was no real purpose to their direction.  I tried using both opposing directional-lines when it came to the syrup bottle and the crystal glass vase to show the border of the vessel (outline) a little bit better. I wanted the person to see the outline of the shape first (to know what it is), the color second, and the thickness of the lines third.  The thickness would symbolize the material's frailness or toughness. 


Concept: Crystal vase

Concept: Maple Syrup bottle

Concept: Six Flags drinking cup with straw

Concept: Glass wine glass

Concept: Glass vase

No comments:

Post a Comment