Wednesday, March 28, 2012

WEEK 10- 10 page spreads











In continuation to Week 9's Blog, I started working on the next 8 spreads and editing the last two to get a total of 10 spreads done by the 10th week of class.  I soon noticed that I was going to be unable to keep up my ideal proportionality for all 20 spreads due to the fact that I did not have enough artwork nor enough text.  Therefore, I had to start spreading my artwork out and decided to really utilize negative space, along with making use of color boxes.

I completely changed the layout of the first two spreads and added on more content.  I figured that since my wolf was the focal point of my magazine, why not make it a lot bigger.  Therefore, I expanded the final wolf illustration along with the heading and a quote so as to attract the reader to the rest of the content.  From here on, I started taking color from the actual artwork on the spreadsheet and applying it to the text, color boxes, and background to complement the page theme.  I wanted to divide the sections into categories: real wolf, variations of wolf, 100-stroke drawings, color and texture drawings, and start the value drawings. 

With the wolf variations, making the whole (9) wolf pictures larger seemed like something I should focus on, rather than the collage of variation wolfs.  When I transitioned into the line drawings, I wanted to make the background with complementary gradient hues, ranging from green to indigo.  After that I went to the color and texture illustrations which I felt needed to stand out, hence the white background.  From there I went into the value drawings.  A background that was grey, text that was white, and boxes that were black really complemented the shadings since they where black and white and all in between.



No comments:

Post a Comment