Wednesday, March 28, 2012

WEEK 9- 2 Page Spreads




The assignment was for us to create two-page spreads for our magazine using Adobe InDesign CS5.5.  I started by working on my highest quality piece of work, which was the wolf shape drawing.  By using various boxes, I was able to enter text and images into the spreads.  When it came to "body copy" or the text that explains the content, it was required to use 10-font Arial or Times.  We had to use at least four order of text, which meant that there had to be four different fonts types in the page.  I did not really get too creative with text styles, since I wanted to prioritize organization and layout.  The title, headings, and page numbers all helped in providing the different orders of type.   The content I wrote in the text boxes came from my previous posts of how I had created the works of art.  I also included a new element by incorporating a quote that complemented my wolf theme.

When it came to the images, I decided that the final result of my wolf illustrations was the climax of my magazine so it should be relatively big in comparison to the other artworks.  I did not want to go any borders and I still had not really decided on including a background color or layout. 

On the first spread, I started out with the normal wolf and how it evolved from a simple drawing made from big shapes to a contrast showing the actual wolf photograph and the wolf final result.  On the second spread, I decided to do a sort of mix of my variation wolfs in a way that they were all cut at different places and put together so as to illustrate a full wolf made up of all of my variations. After that I felt it was necessary to show each individual variations by itself in order to grasp the whole visual image.  It was also important for me to show the viewer how it slowly progressed to such a dramatic change in a variation. 

This would of been my ideal layout for all pages: proportionality in both images and text.  

No comments:

Post a Comment