Wednesday, March 28, 2012

WEEK 11: Final 22 two-page spreads























After going through many changes and getting critique from fellow peers and the instructor, I revised a few things.  I also realized that I was not going to have enough content for the magazine if I wanted it to be a magazine of just MY work.  I had really hopped for more time so that I could illustrate a few more pieces of artwork, but I will have to make due with what I have.  In order to help witht his dilema I did two things: added a contents page and I also really increased the size of the images.  By scaling up the illustrations I was able to stretch the content over more pages while still looking good.  It was just a matter of organizing the body text around it, increasing the font size of headings, and really using the negative space to my advantage. 

I started the last polishing revisions by rearranging the content and focusing more on the text fonts.  I decided to start with the line drawings instead of the shape drawing because I wanted to show the final stage of the wolf illustration as a whole 2 page spread.  I order to do that and not warp or distort the image by the middle crease, I had to place it in the middle.  I aimed for page 20-21 but had to compromise for pages 26 to 27 because it would have disruppted the order of images with line drawing to shape drawing and back to a small section of line drawings. This way, the magazine is divided into two main sections: line and shape, but still sub-sections. 

I included many black long rectangles in the vessels variations sections in order to change it up and bring the illustration out to the viewers attention.  With the wolf, I added an additional spread that depicted the process of how I pieced together the wolf through the use of various shapes, brushstrokes, hues, and effects.  When it came to text, I downloaded many of them from the "1001 Free Fonts" website and used them in the headings.  I used fonts such as: Seven Monkey Fury, Dirt2 Dirtstalker, Kelt Caps Freehand, Angelic War, NeverSayDie, etc.  I also included the information on the photograph of the original wolf since it was taken from the internet and not owned by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment